Renaming the Adaptive Server – ASE
i) Please take the backup of master database, including all other important critial databases.
ii) Please take the backup of all files which you are modifying to backout in case of any issue.
iii) Stop the client/app activity on the server.
1. First modify the sysservers table in master database and shutdown the dataserver.
Enable allow update on system table, modify sysservers for srvname and srvnetname with new server.
2. Copy the RUN Server file with new name.
3. Modify the new RUN server file for new server name, errorlog file name(optional), config file name (optional).
4. If you are modifying any cfg file name in new RUN server file, please copy the old cfg file with new name.
5. Take the backup of the interfaces file, after that modify the new servername are just add the new server name with different port number.
6. Now restart your dataserver with new RUN server file.
7. Verify the connection from isql/app team.
Same step we can repeat for the Sybase backup Server.
Thanks!!Check the Sybase Wiki @ sybasewiki.com