ASE Installation on Linux : Using Fedora Vmware Machine on Windows
2. Install the vmplayer which you have downloaded above.
3. Download the virtual appliance for Fedora 10 OS. http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/59370
4. Unzip your vitual appliance.
5. After unzip, you need to start Fedora.10.vmx file. It will start your guest OS.
For Sybase Installation:
6. Crete the sybase user and adduser in sybase group.
7. For installation of ASE on Linux requires 64MB shared memory. So modify the /etc/sysctl.conf with kernal.shmmax euqls to more than 64 MB.
8. Run sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf to take place the kernel level setting.
9. Now login with sybase account, down load or copy the ASE software from Sybase website and start as below.
10. Please see the below slide show for further installation:
[slideshow]Check the Sybase Wiki @ sybasewiki.com