ASE 15.7 for SAP® Business Suite Released in Techwave!!!
Most Awaited Database ASE 15.7 has been released yday in Vegas Techwave:
Extremely good news for Sybase Users!!!!!!!!
ASE 15.7 key features include:
Management of Large Datasets
- Compression— allows large databases to be stored more compactly and reduces I/O times to ensure high performance on even the largest databases.
- Reduced Query Latency— helps better handle large data sets, especially those which use dynamic SQL for interactive data retrieval.
- Replication Performance—increases the performance of Sybase’s industry-leading transaction replication and syncing technology.
- Enhancements for Parallel Hardware —improves optimization of multi-core/multi-threaded CPU architectures to get the maximum performance out of today’s latest processors
- Online Operations—increases data availability while allowing data to be optimized for application performance.
- Extended Diagnostics—allows DBAs to quickly pin-point performance bottlenecks and speed customer support requests.
- Strong Password Encryption—protects the database from external intrusion and hacking
- Single Sign-on & Login Profiles—makes it easier to manage large numbers of users and simplifies end-user access to the system
Ease of Application Development
- Efficient Management of Large Objects—inline management of large objects as well as enhanced application development features such as large objects as parameters to stored procedures.
- Enhanced Application Language Capabilities—many improved TransactSQL&™ language features to increase productivity of application developers as well as support for a variety of popular languages such as Python, PHP and Perl.
- An Enterprise-Class DB for ISV applications —enhanced business-critical performance for ISV applications out of the box, enabling ISVs to easily write and port their applications to ASE 15.7.