Compiled Objects in ASE
Adaptive Server uses compiled objects to contain vital information about each database and to help you access and manipulate data.
- A compiled object is any object that requires entries in the sysprocedures table, including:
- Check constraints
- Stored procedures
- Extended stored procedures
- Computed columns
- Partition conditions
Compiled objects are created from source text, which are SQL statements that describe and define the compiled object.
When a compiled object is created, Adaptive Server:
- Parses the source text, catching any syntactic errors, to generate a parsed tree.
- Normalizes the parsed tree to create a normalized tree, which represents the user statements in a binary tree format. This is the compiled object.
- Stores the compiled object in the sysprocedures table.
- Stores the source text in the syscomments table.