Survey among Sybase and Oracle customers – Bloor’s Research .
1. License fees: 75% of respondents thought that Sybase ASE was less expensive, by an average of 28%.
2. Support costs: 78% of respondents thought that Sybase ASE was less expensive, by an average of 32%.
3. Number of database administrators: nobody thought that Oracle required fewer DBAs and 61% thought that Sybase required fewer DBAs. On average the saving was 32%.
4. Frequency of security patches: again, nobody thought that this was less frequent in the case of Oracle while 68% thought that this was the case with Sybase, with an average reduction of 22%.
5. Issue resolution: 73% thought that Sybase was faster at resolving issues, typically being 21% faster.