SAP Unveils Unified Strategy for Real-Time Data Management to Grow Database Market Leadership!!!
SAP today provided the following road map details and areas of strategic innovation and investment of its database portfolio to increase its database market leadership by 2015:
- SAP HANA platform: This state-of-the-art in-memory platform is planned to be the core of the SAP real-time data platform, offering extreme performance and innovation for next-generation applications.
- SAP Sybase ASE: SAP Sybase ASE is intended as a supported option for SAP Business Suite applications while SAP HANA is planned to augment the extreme transactions of SAP Sybase ASE with real-time reporting capabilities.
- SAP® Sybase IQ® server: SAP Sybase IQ is planned to deliver data management for “big data” analytics, offering extreme total cost of ownership (TCO). Progressive integration with SAP HANA is intended to provide a smart store for aged/cold data. SAP Sybase IQ is envisioned to share common capabilities and life-cycle management with the SAP HANA platform.
- SAP® Sybase® SQL Anywhere: This market-leading mobile and embedded database with millions of deployments is planned to be the front-end database for the SAP HANA platform, extending its reach to mobile and embedded applications in real time.
- SAP® Sybase® PowerDesigner software: This flagship data modeling, information architecture and orchestration software is envisioned to become the foundation of the modeling solution for the SAP real-time data platform, offering a large base of experts to customers. Ford Motor Company recently selected the software to drive its data modeling and management and centralize all logical and physical modeling functions.
- SAP® Sybase® Event Stream Processor (ESP) software, SAP® Sybase® Replication Server and SAP solutions for EIM: Combined, these offerings are intended to provide data assessment and integration of batch, real-time change data capture and streaming data into the SAP real-time data platform.
- SAP real-time data platform integrated with Hadoop: SAP HANA and SAP Sybase IQ are planned to extend support for accessing “big data” sources such as Hadoop, and offer a deeply integrated pre-processing infrastructure