Source : http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44419
Wait is over Now !!
Please download the Complete ebook for SAP Sybase ASE Q&A Bank Version 1.0 as below:
Came across below Replication Server Questions, might help you for yours interview preparation. It also includes few ASE questions.
Also Updated the Interview Question Page.
1. What is the difference between MSA and Warm standby ?
2. How can we perform fail over in Case of Warm Stand by and MSA?
3. What will happen, if the queue has data in case of fail over to warm standby?
4. For standby point of view which one is better warm standby or MSA?
5. How can we sync the warm standby database ? If there is some data in queue, what will you do?
6. What is the config parameter you can use to tune a rep agent?
7. Suppose there are 20,000 trans which are getting fail and you need to skip all these trans using error class. Please let me know high level overview to setup
8. How the multiple replication server can improve the performance as compare to single replication server ?
9. Suppose the query is running slow , how will you investigate?
10. Suppose tempdb log segment is full, how will you troubleshoot?
11. Suppose for a very big database , backup takes 4 hrs to complete . During the backup, due to heavy activity from user log is full, after 2 hours ? What will you do now?
12. How can we guess, in how much time queue will be drain?
13. Suppose queue is getting full, what can be point of bottleneck and why?
14. Suppose log for a database is getting full, how will you trouble shoot? Why log increase is not a better idea? ( Server version is below 15.7)
15. How will you check the latency and what is the latency ?
16. Suppose you want to sync a table in a warm stand replication , How will you do?
17. What are the various factor which can effect rep agent performance?
18. How can you make sure rep agent is running fine ( means scanning is going well in Primary site)?
19. How can we see the number of commands in a transaction in queue?
20. Suppose you have 5000 locks at primary side , and your one delete statement ( which is effecting 7000 rows)went fine. Now in case of Replicate dataserver ( has same number of locks), you are getting out of lock situation? Why it was successful at primary side , what it did not go well in replicate side, despite of primary and replicate have same number of locks?
21. What are the situations when we require to drain the queues?
22. In unix , suppose one dba modifies some of files including dataserver binary to non sybase user, and you want to fix this situation asap? What you will do?
23. Suppose there is thread down issue in replication for target side, and you fetched that its down due to duplicate row? How can we make sure , is it due to duplicate row or duplicate key?
Smart database technology can help you build products that sell while providing a lower TCO to your customers. Build technically superior products, with database solutions from SAP Sybase.
Read Full story : https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700001121852012E/index.htm
Follow the below video for “How to start and stop replication server”
Follow the below video for “How to Rename Sybase ASE server”